GE Lightspeed 16 Slice - CT Scanner
A CT scan, also called X-ray computed tomography (X-ray CT) and computerized axial tomography scan (CAT scan), makes use of computer-processed combinations of many X-ray images taken from different angles to produce cross-sectional (tomographic) images (virtual "slices") of specific areas of a scanned object, allowing the user to see inside the object without cutting.
CT scanning is useful to get a very detailed 3D image of certain parts of the body, such as soft tissues, the pelvis, blood vessels, the lungs, the brain, abdomen, and bones.
- Enhanced image quality & spatial resolution giving clearer anatomical visualization.
- Multi-angle/multiplanar reconstruction with sub-millimetric imaging.
- Faster image acquisition in non-cooperative, agitated and pediatric patients.
- The gold standard for trauma imaging – whole body scanning in 90 seconds.
- A non-invasive alternative to angiography.
- CT head for contusions, Intracranial hemorrhage, EDH, SDH, etc and follow up.
- Neurotrauma package for CT head and cervical spine.
- Whole spine scanning for fractures and dislocation
- Chest CT for lung contusions, hemothorax, pneumothorax and rib fractures.
- Abdomen CT for solid organs injury, hemoperitoneum, vessel injury, etc.
- Pelvis CT for pelvic & hip fractures, bladder injury.
- CECT chest for chest masses, mediastinal masses, abscess, TB, lymph nodes, paraspinal masses/abscess, thymus & its masses, pleural effusion.
- HRCT chest for interstitial lung disease (ILD, Smoker's lung, Pneumoconiosis, SLE, Rheumatoid arthritis, Respiratory bronchiolitis.
- Pulmonary angiography for pulmonary thromboembolism, A-V malformation, etc.
- Liver - Abscess, hydatid cysts, Triple-phase CT for masses (hepatocellular Ca, CholangioCa), cirrhosis and portal hypertension.
- Pancreas - Acute & Chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic pseudocysts, G.I tract- Intestinal obstruction, infections like TB, strictures, mass, Inflammatory bowel disease, Appendicitis, Colitis, etc.
- Urinary tract – CT urography for Kidney stone evaluation, hydronephrosis, hydroureter, pyelonephritis, perinephric abscess/urinoma, renal cyst evaluation, ureteric strictures, urinary bladder stones, cystitis, etc.
- Peritoneum - Mesenteric mass, Abdominal TB, lymph nodes, Retroperitoneal masses and cysts.
- Fracture detection and the extent of dislocation best done on multislice CT.
- 3D reconstruction and Volume rendered (VR) images for exact anatomical visualization.
- Evaluation before joint implants.
- Spine imaging for fractures, dislocations, spondylolisthesis, spondylitis, etc.
- CECT neck for nasopharyngeal/oropharyngeal/laryngeal masses, neck nodes evaluation, neck spaces infection/abscess, submandibular/parotid glands mass/swelling/abscess.
- HRCT temporal bone for acute/chronic otitis media &mastoiditis.
- HRCT paranasal sinuses for sinusitis, polyposis, masses, facial bone fractures, nasal bone fracture, etc.
- CT orbits for orbital fractures, masses, foreign body, etc.
- Cerebral angiography in stroke, infarcts, hemorrhage; to detect aneurysms and vasculitis
- Carotid vessels angiography to look for plaques, occlusion/stenosis.
- Thoracic and abdominal Aorta angiography for aneurysm, aortitis, dissection, atherosclerotic occlusion.
- Pulmonaryangiographyfor pulmonary thromboembolism; AVMs.
- Abdominal angiography for SMA, celiac axis, etc. to investigate hemoperitoneum or unexplained G.I bleed
- Renal angiography for renal artery stenosis, FMD, etc.
- Peripheral angiography of upper and lower limbs for the peripheral vascular disease to look for the site; the extent of disease and postoperative evaluation after stenting.
CT Guided Interventions:
- CT guided FNAC and biopsy of different lesions – submillimetric accuracy of needle placement.
- Aspiration and drainage of collections, abscess; body fluids.
- Percutaneous nephrostomy (PCN).
Pre Insurance Health Check Partner.
Refer a Patient
We are committed to improving people’s lives through personalized health care. When you refer your patient to us, we are pleased to assist you with the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of your patients’ care
Copyright © 2018 Apex Diagnostics All Rights Reserved